Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Intro Part 2 - My Kiddo Hates These 3 Deadly Passions of Mine

Passion can be a dangerous thing to have especially when you have to pay a heavy price it, both mentally and financially.


The 3 passions that I will be talking about below are actually quite common among ladies and possibly some housewives. After an extended displeasure from my hubby (all 3 passions) and especially my kiddo (2 of my passions), I have since toned down the 'unhealthy' intensity I have for these three passions.


The Shopaholic Who Once Owned 50 Pairs of Shoes

 


Need I say more? Before Cyber Malls became all secured and trendy, I was always hunting out discounts and offers across newspapers and fashion magazines. Most part of the left over salary would always get spent on things that I would only wear once.

Why? Ha, I simply had too many choices and since according to the Pareto's 80-20 rule, 80% of what I usually wear come from 20% of the clothing in the wardrobe. So what happened to the rest of them? I would usually either give them away or donate them away. Truly heart pain and sad moments...


Ok, ok, ok. Let me admit it. Most of them are clothing that I could no longer wear because of my expanded waistline over the years and while it feels good to glance over them once in a while, they have been taking up unnecessary real estate within my wardrobe. :(

The same goes for my big collection of shoes. Since I once own about 50 pairs of them, my hubby had to buy additional shoe cabinets to house them. Sigh...

These days, I have learn to plan out what I want to wear across the entire month and only buy what I need. There is hardly any 'white elephant' clothing inside my wardrobe now. How long can this last? I have no idea. Fingers-crossed.

Who Needs a Drama-holic Mum?

 


Come on, these days, who is not a big fan of Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese dramas? I used to love them so so much, to the extend of owning many cabinets of them.

During the time when I was so hooked up with them, I had very little time for household chores and cooking. Cooking? What cooking? Are you kidding me, that beautiful and kindhearted lead actress just got kidnapped by 3 Korean gangsters, who has the mood to cook? Delivery please. :D

My poor kiddo and hubby had to eat out most of the weekends or if they ordered deliveries, both of them had to eat without me as I run my worth of "dramathon".  The wake up call came after our beloved TV broke down and my hubby did not want to get a replacement. Although I was able to watch them via laptop, I chose not to as I know I was already too addicted and had to put a cap on this unhealthy passion of mine.

Fast forward 3 years and I am still watching dramas. While I am no longer so hooked up, I am still very much a fan of most dramas from Japan, Korean and Taiwan.

Mobile Game Addict

Ever since the introduction of Play-store games from one of my colleagues a couple of years ago after I switch to an Android phone, I immediately got hooked by the great varieties of games they have.

Even though most of them are free to play, I have spent hundreds on some of the games that require purchase of special items in order to achieve higher levels. Besides financial strain, I used to sleep only about 5 hours and I had to catch up with my sleep over weekends.

As you can imagine, my family life suffered as a result and as fate has it, my poor phone suffered a malware attacks some months ago. As a result, I had to get my hubby to do a factory reset and wiped out all the games inside the phone which were easily worth hundreds of dollars.

Like I mentioned above, these days I have manage to curb my urge for these passions and will only do it once in a while. Months have passed and I am still in control over all the three passions. And of course both my hubby and kiddo couldn't be happier these days. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment