Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

3 Tools that I Use to Organize my Life

Unless you have been living off as a hermit high up in the mountains or cave, most of us already have our life deeply integrated with the advances in modern technologies.

Take SMS (Short Message Service) for example, I seriously cannot imagine writing letters to friends a.k.a penpals anymore when a few SMSes could have been written and sent within minutes.

Whenever the Internet or the mobile phone service provider is down, most of us feel totally crippled. Life becomes meaningless for me when I could no longer stalk check updates from my families and friends in Facebook or other social media platforms. :)

Beside all these techie stuff that already form part of my/our life, there are a few online tools which I, too cannot live without. Truth be told, these 3 tools are what glue my life together as it is right now - my daily to-do-lists, my appointments, my grocery list, shopping lists, my health insurance details, my passwords and PIN numbers and hundreds more...

These 3 tools may look similar at first glance but they each serve a separate functions (at least to me) and I hope they will be useful to you too should you decide to make use of them. All of them are totally free although there are paid/premium versions if you wish to upgrade.

1. Trello


Trello is my "can't live without" project tool. I have to have it for any new projects or when existing projects' milestones and timelines need to get updated.

Yes, Trello also allows you to share out your boards and notes and what I like best about Trello is that every single change you (or anyone you share the board with) make to the boards or notes will be recorded with date and time stamps.


2. Evernote


Evernote is a different animal altogether if you were to compare it with Trello. For me, I love to make use of Evernote to keep all my important business cards, utility bills, meeting notes, photos and so on. Since they have a built-in scan function, I scan most of stuff into Evernote.


For privacy reasons, I can only showcase a screenshot from their blog

What's really cool about Evernote is that every single thing can be found using their awesome search function. Yes, you can even search for images and also words within PDF scanned documents. So yes, it is essentially my personal secretary where anything I need is just a simple search away. :))

3. Todoist


My daily life would be in total ruin if I do not have my fair share of this app. Most of appointments, daily routines, to do lists and shopping lists are all within. I have depend on it so much that I even have checklist for oversea travel all neatly tucked away within Todoist. :)


Again, this screenshot is from Todoist blog.


Besides sending me daily email reminders on what's due and forth coming, I can also choose to churn out reports on what's been completed over the weeks and even months.

Do you really need all 3 Tools?


No. You really do not need to. Different people have different needs. You may have other tools that you like and that's perfectly ok. Like I mentioned before, these tools are already deeply integrated into my life and have saved me from the edges of insanity on countless situations. If you feel that your life is currently in a big mess right now or you have a messy project that need some serious organization, one of these tools may be what you need.

If you have some cool and awesome tools that you would like to share, feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment