Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Working from Home - Something that I May Try Out Soon

'Work from home (WFH)' to me, has always mean doing what you can do in the office - from home. I have done it before in my previous companies and we can occasionally choose to 'VPN' in to the office network and work away using the company laptop from practically anywhere - home or overseas hotels.




This 'WFH' notion began to change after knowing the fact that there are actually people who are able to earn a living just by working from work - no bosses, no office politics, no commute time etc. While it is all rosy and workable from the look of it, one must also essentially understand about the risks behind these types of working style.

First, there is no longer fixed income going into your bank account every month. If you do not earn anything for that month, you have zero income.

Second, while it does sounds glamorous to be your own boss, if you are someone who has no self-discipline and do not take consistent effort to follow through daily work routines that are planned out in advance, there is a very high chance that you will fail and crash to the ground like an airplane without fuel.

The last risk I can think of is probably the most difficult part. What exactly can we do to make money from our home? Is there a blueprint that will guide us from point A to Z and start earning consistent income? Is the income scale-able in the long term?

I am not exactly sure about  how to get started for now but I may give it a shot soon while still holding on to my full time job. That will also means I will have less fun/play time and more personal 'overtime' to try this 'Work from Home' thing and hopefully it will blossom into a success story for me to brag about in front of families and friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment